Position Available: Web/Mobile Applications Developer (ASP.Net, MVC, HTML5, JS)
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary: The position is responsible for designing and developing new applications, modifying, repairing or improving existing applications. The position is part of a development team that builds marketable applications to the emergency response industry primarily utilizing the Microsoft .Net development stack and hybrid mobile development frameworks.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed.
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed.
- Be available for planned and unplanned exercises as directed.
- You have a responsibility to respond/answer all TRG & Client communications.
- • Develop proficiency in the IAP Software and a basic understanding of spill trajectory, modeling, and GIS mapping (Common Operating Picture).
- Develops and ensures accurate and professional deliverables for clients.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of applications, systems, tools, and services provided by The Response Group.
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services.
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the development team to create custom web and mobile application solutions from the ground up to support external client needs.
- Participates in and leads discussions, as well as provides recommendations, on architecture and overall direction of company applications.
- Involved in all aspects of the product life cycle including solution design, implementation, and testing.
- Use wireframes and mockups to build web pages, applications and software that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Builds web-based systems with the Microsoft .Net technology stack employing the best practices of SOA architecture using C#, ASP.Net MVC, with SQL backend databases.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures and triggers.
- Adheres to change management process to resolve application defects and implement enhancements.
- Provide technical documentation as needed.
- Maintain client confidence and protect confidentiality of information.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Serve at the direction of the Vice President of Software Development and perform additional duties as required.
- Prolonged computer use in an office environment.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally required lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the environment is moderate.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Minimum of 25% travel may be required throughout both domestic and international
- 3+ years of experience in SQL development with MS SQL Server required.
- Experience with Telerik tools and frameworks a plus.
- Experience with Xamarin mobile development a plus.
- Experience with ActiveDocs custom development a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Familiarity with APIs, web services, and 3rd party platforms and libraries, such as Blog Platforms, Twilio, RSS, and Social Networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) enabling social media integration and scalability.
- Experience deploying highly available and scalable solutions using AWS (OpsWorks, ELB, S3, CloudFront, SQS) a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of applications, systems and tools utilized at The Response Group.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team environment and accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in application requirements.
- BS or BA Degree in Business, Development or related field required.
- 2-year College Degree or Training Certification preferred with 3-year experience in related field
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.