Position Available: Training Specialist
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary: Provide support to the Training department and TRG clients. Assist in development and modification as it relates to Training activities and projects. Interface directly with The Response Group's (TRG) Clients to assess needs and ensure proper planning, troubleshoot issues, development and execution of the company’s training programs that are based upon NIMS Incident Command System, Incident Management, Hazardous Waste Operations for Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) and TRG’s Incident Action Plan Software. Based on your skill set and experience you may also support the Course Curriculum Development Team in developing and maintaining policy, procedure and course content as they apply to TRG’s suite of training programs. You will be expected to contribute in many ways to deliver a high quality training experience for the Client.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed.
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed.
- Be available for planned and unplanned exercises as directed.
- You have a responsibility to respond/answer all TRG & Client communications.
- Become proficient in the IAP Software.
- Have a basic understanding of spill trajectory, modeling, and GIS mapping/COP
- Develops and ensures accurate and professional deliverables for clients.
- Serves at the direction of the Training Lead and performs additional duties as required.
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services.
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and provide TRG curriculum training to clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Incident Command and HAZWOPER-related topics, including government regulations, reference materials, and response strategies.
- Participate in the development of Incident Command and HAZWOPER course curriculum.
- Communicate to immediate supervisor any training issues and improvements.
- Continuously seek and suggest new approaches, practices and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of training services offered.
- Manage training project costs to ensure expenditures do not exceeded proposed client budget.
- Identify and assess training needs of clients based on established plans and procedures.
- Produce training materials for in-house and client customized courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur.
- Facilitate the execution of all training plans.
- Periodically, evaluate training effectiveness.
- Acts as a consultant to field questions and issues from TRG employees and clients related to TRG training programs.
- Frequent travel, both domestic and international.
- Classroom/Office/Field Environment.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Frequently required to stand, occasionally required to walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the environment is moderate.
- The position requires a basic knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), TRG preparedness and response planning systems, and tools.
- Successful Completion of NIMS ICS 100/200/300/400 Courses.
- The position requires knowledge and capability to work with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential Card.
- Successful Completion of a National Recognized Instructor Development Course.
- Experience with Hazardous Waste for Emergency Operations.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Strong presentation and public-speaking abilities.
- Strong verbal, listening, written communication skills required.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Depth of practical experience in both technical and non-technical training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent along with 3 years of related experience required.
- 2 Year Degree in Emergency Management, Communications, Training, and/or related Certifications along with 1 year of related experience preferred.
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.