Position Available: Training Lead
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary: Accountable for the development and implementation of all training relating to the Incident Command System, including developing and supervising lead and unit ICS instructors. Additional duties include management of internal training processes.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed.
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed.
- Be available for planned and unplanned exercises as directed.
- You have a responsibility to respond/answer all TRG & Client communications.
- Become proficient in the IAP Software.
- Have a basic understanding of spill trajectory, modeling, and GIS mapping/COP
- Develops and ensures accurate and professional deliverables for clients.
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services.
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess TRG training needs and continue to revise and improve training materials and presentations.
- Supervise, coach and motivate training team members.
- Communicate to the Training Manager, ICS training issues and improvements.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Conduct all TRG curriculum's.
- Provide support to department managers in responding to personnel issues.
- Participate as a member of the Curriculum Development Team.
- Consider new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of ICS training services offered.
- Develop and maintain a needs assessment and instructional design process with appropriate delivery methods and post-training evaluations.
- Recommend solutions for potential areas of training.
- Conduct training needs assessments and oversee the training of TRG employees.
- Conduct all TRG training curriculum's.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure the full utilization of all training facilities, processes, resources and equipment.
- Work closely with management, ensure that policies, programs and processes are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with organizational objectives and with relevant law/regulations.
- Resolve and respond to training issues and questions from leads and employees on the application and interpretation of processes, company policies and current requirements.
- Provide supervision and guidance to assist in planning, executing, and finalizing client’s projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Manages the team’s objectives and oversees quality control throughout project development and completion.
- Manages staff for optimum and efficient performance, through performance feedback, mentoring, training, and professional standards.
- Coordinate and participate in subordinates yearly performance reviews. Evaluate subordinates and determine goals and training needs for upcoming year.
- Manage personnel under supervision. Provide guidance and recommendation to upper level management with respect to quality of work for purposes of determining promotion or termination.
- Identify potential candidates for employment with company. Evaluate job skills, participate in interviews and provide guidance to upper level management with respect to potential employment with company. Keep informed on requirements impacting the organization’s training obligations.
- Consider new approaches, practices and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of the Training team and services offered.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Deputy Director of Training and Director of Training.
- Frequent travel, both domestic and international.
- Classroom/Office/Field Environment.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Frequently required to stand, occasionally required to walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Intermediate knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), TRG preparedness and response planning systems, and tools.
- Successful Completion of NIMS ICS 100/200/300/400 Courses.
- Intermediate knowledge and capability to work with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential Card.
- Successful Completion of a National Recognized Instructor Development Course.
- Experience with Hazardous Waste for Emergency Operations.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Strong presentation and public-speaking abilities.
- Strong verbal, listening, written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management including delegating tasks and responsibility, motivating staff, and coaching/mentoring.
- Ability to defuse tension within project team or between teams, should it arise.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Depth of practical experience in both technical and non-technical training.
- 2 year College Degree or Training Certification with 5 years of experience in related field required or
- 4 year College Degree in related field with 4 years of experience in related field preferred.
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.