Position Available: Tactical Plan Specialist
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary:Provide support to TRG Tactical Response Plans group as well as TRG clients. Assist with development and modification as it relates to TRP activities and projects. Interface with clients to ensure proper deliverables are obtained and troubleshoot any client or TRG issues. Perform tactical plan fieldwork, data compilation, and development of TRP booklet, response and exercise support.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed.
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed.
- Be available for planned and unplanned exercises as directed.
- You have a responsibility to respond/answer all TRG and Client communications.
- Develop proficiency in the IAP Software and a basic understanding of spill trajectory, modeling, and GIS mapping/COP.
- Develops and ensures accurate and professional deliverables for clients.
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services.
- Perform fieldwork data collection under varying weather conditions and terrain.
- Effectively support Tactical Plans Group to complete plans in an effective, timely manner.
- Maintain open communication with the team and leader project status.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as necessary.
- Utilize IAP Software to support Tactical Plans, Exercises, and Responses.
- Run oil spill trajectories as needed.
- Maintains the team’s goals and quality control throughout project development and completion.
- Continuously seek and suggest new approaches to TRP leadership including, but not limited to practices and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of the TRP team.
- QA/QC all work products.
- Act as a consultant on behalf of TRG to field and provide solutions to clients’ questions and issues from related to TRG’s TRP Services.
- Interpret client requests, including but not limited to GIS, IAP, Training, etc. and ensure deliverables are evaluated and have met client expectations.
- Serves at the direction of the TRP Lead and performs additional duties as required.
- Mainly sedentary – sitting for extended periods of time.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Minimum of 25% travel may be required throughout both domestic and international.
- Dependability and punctuality required. Time management and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of ICS.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to defuse tension within project team or between teams, should it arise.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Industry specific knowledge in disaster or emergency response a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent along with 3 years of experience in related field required or
- 2 Year College Degree or Training Certification with 1 year of experience in related field.
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.