Position Available: Software Developer (WordPress)
Location: Cypress, TX and Bellingham, WA
We are Jetty Communications LLC – A creative software engineering company based in Bellingham, Washington. This role is for a skilled, Wordpress developer committed to the practices required to support critical customer facing platforms requiring high quality code while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
In this role you will be responsible for the modification, development, debugging and support of the Jetty Platform.
- Participates in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software.
- Participates in the analysis and development of test plans.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides internal support for application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering. ATA degree considered with additional experience or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related software experience
- Experience with REST API’s and JSON
- Amazon AWS / Linux experience a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding/experience of Wordpress, web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- Release software through tooling (Git, custom scripts, Docker)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Ability to identify / prioritize tasks and work independently without micromanagement
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Security experience a plus
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development and Operations
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation / Sick Leave