Position Available: Plans Development Specialist
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary: Development and maintenance of Emergency Response Plans, Oil Spill Response Plans, Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans, Facility Response Plans, Integrated Contingency Plans, and Security Plans for onshore and/or offshore clients.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed.
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed.
- Be available for planned and unplanned exercises as directed.
- Respond/answer all TRG & Client communications.
- Develop proficiency in the IAP Software and a basic understanding of spill trajectory, modeling, and GIS mapping/COP.
- Develop and ensure accurate and professional deliverables for clients.
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services.
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Emergency Response/Security Plans for Clients (Both U.S. & International).
- Conduct compliance reviews of client projects based on international, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide information and assistance to clients/Plans Lead/Leader/Manager, regarding routine updates to regulated/non-regulated plans managed through TRG.
- Prepare and present clients with a report on updates made before, during, and after a project.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems.
- Perform various administrative functions for Plans Team and TRG clients.
- Provide assistance to other TRG mission areas as necessary to ensure overall success of the company.
- Serve at the direction of the Plans Team Leader/Manager and perform additional duties as required.
- Minimum of 25% Travel may be required for emergency response support, project development, and planning or training purposes.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Classroom/Office/Field Environment.
- Mainly sedentary – sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications required.
- Dependability and punctuality required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The ability to perform assignments under different degrees of supervision.
- Understand/execute policies and procedures set forth by TRG.
- Ability to work on several projects or assignments simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of the National Incident Management System and TRG preparedness and response planning systems and guidelines preferred.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 years of experience in related field required or
- 2 year College Degree or Training Certification preferred with 1 year experience in related field
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.