Position Available: Accounting Manager
Location: Cypress, TX
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager will oversee all activities and projects related to Accounting on behalf of TRG, including responsibility of performing highly specialized accounting work. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will manage and coordinate the daily activities of the accounting staff to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities of the company.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other TRG Departments as directed
- Participate as a response member for immediate emergency response deployment as needed
- Basic understanding of TRG products and services
Position Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounting and financial compliance for company.
- Analyze and report company financial data and business performance for the benefit of senior management.
- Managing and maintaining business contracts.
- Providing financial analysis for existing contracts and modeling for new contracts.
- Manage a complex, multi-state payroll (bi-weekly and semi-monthly), including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Partner with HR to maintain efficiencies with payroll and benefits.
- Manage employee expense processing.
- Supervises, directs and reviews the work of the accounting staff. Including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, accounts payable transactions, debt activities, expenses, etc.
- Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other personnel in resolving financial issues.
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
- Mainly sedentary – sitting for extended periods of time.
- The position may require extended hours beyond the normal working hours to meet company objectives.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting required.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience required to include financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) designation a plus.
TRG The Response Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.