Access our Training Schedule and register/reserve a seat for any of our courses.
The Response Group™ draws on years of experience in crisis management and incident response to offer superior training to groups and individuals. Proper training makes a difference when responding to a real event, and our staff can provide you with multiple levels of hands on incident management training.
NIMS ICS Compliant & Customized Incident Management System (IMS) Training
Our incident command training staff combines years of experience in many facets of emergency response within the government and private sector organizations. Our National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS courses meet the standards established by the United States Department of Homeland Security while offering the ability to be customized to meet other IMS standards internationally.
Our training exercises within each course are custom designed to meet our clients’ needs that promote confidence and enhance abilities of the Incident Management Team in the areas of strategic, tactical and support functions using proven tools and processes. The Response Group™ can customize a training program that is flexible to meet your organizational needs.
IAP Software Training provides users with basic and advanced hands-on experience navigating through all modules and capabilities which could be used during exercise, incident response and crisis management/business continuity scenarios, including after action documentation. The Response Group has the following modules available but can customize the training with custom scenarios and/or client specific information to fit and meet your expectations. For more information about each one of these courses, please see our Training Course Catalog.
- Introduction/Refresher Level Training (Awareness)
- Advanced Level Training
- Power User Training
- Crisis Management Training
- Section/Role Specific Training
The Response Group™ utilizes our trained instructors to provide customized safety and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training that revolves around “your operations” and NIMS. Our instructors can provide courses that relate to your organization’s hazards with facilitated discussions and exercises that meet OSHA requirements and ensure your personnel can at a minimum:
- Identify common hazardous waste site hazards
- Understand the measures to protect themselves, including proper use of personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection.
- Understand work practices to minimize risks.
- Describe proper medical surveillance and exposure monitoring
- Appreciate instrumentation that is used at hazardous waste sites
- Understand the regulatory requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of chemicals, and how this information can be useful while working at a hazardous waste site.
- Know how to use tools to assist in hazard recognition such as Department of Transportation Emergency Response Guide, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and the NIOSH Pocket Guide.
- Have an appreciation for the procedures and requirements of emergency response relating to Incident Command System and the National Incident Management System to work hand and hand with regulatory agencies.
This course outlines the roles, responsibilities and regulatory requirements of being a Qualified Individual / Incident Commander. The experienced facilitators will provide the participants with a working knowledge of using, and understanding the content within their Organization’s Emergency Response Plan.